1. I’m headed to Tallahassee tomorrow night for a Bible journaling class Saturday morning. I’ve been packing and getting all my supplies together. Plus I’m taking a ton of our stationary to try and sell. Is it wrong to pray these ladies would buy every last pack so I don’t have to bring them back home via my carry-on?!?! When I’m going on a short trip I hate to check a bag. Also, every time I pack my travel toiletries I think about the Walton Family and their little girl. I don’t even know the Walton Family, but saw their adoption fundraiser back around the first of the year and snagged the cutest travel toiletry bag. Goodness do a I love a good product that supports not just a business, but also families. I looked it up today and they are actually still selling them. Head over to the Fair Trade Fashionistas site and grab one. Such a great Christmas gift. I absolutely love mine and has held up great…and its quite travelled.
2. Sock sales are still going strong. I love the simplicity and the sweetness of these socks. The fact that we get such a high percentage of each sale to go towards our adoption expenses and we get nice warm socks to give to a local shelter or school is crazy awesome. Bethany has just been the kindest and is truly so excited for us. She sent me this shot of more socks headed out today. You have until October 31st to place your order. Just head over to the We Help Two online sock store and snag your fun socks. When checking out you’ll be prompted with Name of Organization You Are Helping just type in “The Kelleys“ and our family will receive 60% of your purchase to go towards our adoption expenses. Thank you again a thousand times over for ordering socks. Who knew, right?!?!?! Socks. I hope I never ever ever get over the insanity and sweetness of Jesus.
3. I’ve been working on more sweet little canvases. The “grace” canvas is actually listed in my shop HERE if you need a little gift for someone. If you purchase it today, I will ship it out tomorrow before I head to Florida.
5. Amon and I had a few solo hours together this morning. We ran some errands and early voted. I thought this was my first time to vote, but then upon bragging to my best friend Ashley about how adult like I was feeling she reminded me I had voted once right out of high school. I seriously was cracking up at what dorks we were. This is absolutely something I see myself doing even now…my kids would LOVE people waving and cheering at us.
5 1/2. Also, if you are an IPhone user please please please tell me you have updated your software. I’m a major creature of habit and fight tooth and nail these kinds of things, but the GIF feature has changed my texting game for forever. It is so so hilarious and I pretty much respond to everything via a GIF now.
6. I’ve really been liking sharing our weekly meal plans with you guys lately. I totally forgot to do so this week. Tonight we’re having Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup…I did 4 cups of stock, 1 cup water, 2 large chicken breasts and lots of celery and carrots. Other things we ate/are eating this week and weekend…easy chili with THIS seasoning, chicken tortilla soup, beef stew, tacos and ancho chicken with cilantro slaw. For the ancho chicken instead of the avocado cream they make I do the following (found it somewhere and adjusted so not my own, but have no idea where I found it) A whole avocado, 1/2 cup cilantro, 1/2 lime squeezed, 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (Hudson cannot do dairy anymore so I actually just splash in some almond milk now instead) 2/3 water, 1 tsp salt, 1 TB garlic powder and 1 TB cumin. We always have a good bit leftover, so thinking I might start cutting the recipe in half.
6 1/2. And fun fact about the above chicken tortilla soup recipe which isn’t really mine. Ha. My family on my Mom’s side has their own cookbook. Generations of amazing cooks, but sadly I just never could get my cooking act together. My mom didn’t want me to not have a recipe in our family cookbook so she submitted one on my behalf without me knowing…I don’t even like sour cream. Hahahahaha. Found out “my” recipe made it in when a cousin told me how she loved my chicken tortilla soup recipe. It still makes me laugh…similar to when I realized my mom’s infamous chocolate chip cookies recipe was the same one on the back of the Nestle chocolate chip bag. Hahahaha. In an effort to “Laura Kelley it up” AKA “how can I make an easy recipe even easier” I made two adjustments, plus fixed my name all via my ball point pen.
Okay. That’s it for today. Hope you guys are have had a great week. Tomorrow is Friday and I’m pretty stoked.