1. Hudson Kelley is Josh Kelley made over. I always thought he was more Hall (my Mom’s side) than anything, but day-by-day I see it. He’s Josh Kelley to a tee and I’ll love that and his crossed little legs while reading forever and ever…amen.
2. Amon, our littlest, her parents and me all went out for lunch on Valentines. When I asked the kids what they’d like to eat pancakes was the unanimous choice. Who knew IHOP would be slammed at lunch on Valentines Day?!?!?! It was hoppin’ for sure.
While we were there a homeless man who seemed to have some metal health issues came in and was being loud saying some unkind things and appeared very angry about something. Instead of kicking him out or making a scene an IHOP employee simply brought him a drink and some food. The man accepted and sat chatting quietly to himself, ate and then left. I think we’ll be going back to that IHOP.
3. Twice this week I’ve been met with God’s goodness and love and mercy in the Kroger parking lot sky. I hope I never ever quit seeing His goodness in the simplest of places. Trying to keep my eyes wide open this week on the lookout for Him.
4. Tomorrow is Noonday Collection’s spring launch. It’s one of my favorite days. Cannot wait to see what all they’ve got to amaze my eye balls with. If you’ve never purchased from Noonday definitely take a peak and make a purchase that impacts the world. They are my total fave!!!!
5. We took the kids to a surprise Valentines movie last night to see the Batman Lego movie. They almost died. It was the sweetest thing ever and you would have thought we we’re taking them to Disney World. We don’t go to the movies a lot because ummmm, 7 people, but on Tuesday’s a local movie theater has matinee prices all day and $2 snacks. It was the perfect little Kelley Valentines.
6. Prepping and nesting like it’s my job. We simply cannot wait to get our boy home.
7. Hudson and Solomon. I just can’t even. They make me want to cry a river and laugh so hard and scratch my head and pull my hair out and sit in amazement at God’s plan. I’m not going to say they are my favorite brothers because we’ve got a few other little brothers too, but they’re definitely my favorite big brothers. Hands down I could not love these two more.
And 8. All the props to Josh Kelley. I guess this is my internet display of affection. He’s just my jam…except when we don’t like each other 🙂 We are far from perfect…we’re working on “us” all the time, but he is hands down my favorite person ever. And when our family goes into uber chaotic mode he just does his thing keeping us all together and laughing and sane. On the drive home last night Chainsmokers came on and I sang very romantically to him, “If we got down then we go down together.” Hahaha. The perfect Valentines theme song for this year.