1. Halloween is in 8 days and we have 0 costumes. We might just call the whole thing off even though it’s one of my most favorite holidays. Actually, I take the 0 costumes back because I just remembered Harper has a hand-me-down witch dress. And sadly, Hudson has moved on past the sheet ghost costume. I really wanted that one to stick.
2. Today we got papers which officially made Amon, well, Amon. He’s bonafide now…Amon Henry Berhane Kelley. He’s legit. Only took us a little over 2 years…ha. We celebrated with Chick-fila for dinner.
3. Last night Amon was seriously up all night long because he was scared of…wait for it…a snake. Some of you may remember this video. I hated myself last night. I’m exhausted and all night he insisted there was a snake in his bed. At one point I went in the boys room and he had removed everything from his bed and was just standing there saying “nake, nake, nake.” I told him there were no snakes in his bed, then started putting everything back in his bed. Out of no where in the pitch black, Hudson leans over from the top bunk and says, “Mom, I know we can’t take candy from strangers, but what about from Mrs. Hughes?” Wow. This is Hudson’s little mind at 3am. And Mrs. Hughes is his sweet teacher. I die.
4. I got out bid on this really awesome tin of 3 different kinds of popcorn in the auction for Jude last night. I was seriously bummed. Who knew a tin of popcorn could have such a powerful affect on me.
5. I might have officially heard enough people make snide remarks about Title 1 public schools. Our school this year is amazing…and awesome…and diverse…and full of the most special, smart and unique kiddos…and has crazy awesome teachers and staff…and it’s a Title 1 school. I honestly could not be more happy with where are kids are going to school. We want community. We were created for community. And it’s truly beautiful. We’re honored to be apart of this school…a total privilege.
6. Have you heard of Pura Vida bracelets? My friend Dana passed along their site and here is yet another company giving back. Love it..and you know I’ll support an arm party any day of the week.
7. I want joy. I want so much joy in Christ I just cannot keep it in. This has been on my heart like crazy. Being so filled up with Him. Being so bright…so different…the world can’t help but wonder why. And then they will see it’s all because of Jesus. I long and desire for this…for God to absolutely consume every thought, action, word…my entire life.
8. Finished this book and wow…that’s just about all I can say…and read it!!!!!!
9. I’ve kind of been on this old school memory lane dessert kick lately. Chocolate chip cookies, whoopie pies. Now all I’ve been thinking about is Bunny’s Cake and Gooey Butter Cake. You guys…this is going to have to happen. Do me a favor and just pick one…either one…make it, eat it, share it, enjoy it! You’ll thank me later.
10. How much do I love watching them play baseball? A lot! How much do we all enjoy being at the ballpark? A lot. I think it’s just in our blood.
And 11. I keep asking when we’re going to party?!?!?!?!
Now I really should go to bed. I’m crossing my fingers there will be no snakes in Amon’s bed tonight.